Affirmative action, as described by The American Heritage Dictionary, is a policy or a program that seeks to redress past discrimination through active measures to ensure equal opportunity, as in education and employment. Our district is committed to maintaining a diverse environment and has adopted an affirmative action policy designed to meet the rights granted to all persons under the law.
As the Affirmative Action Officer, my responsibilities include
- Promoting a work and learning environment free of harassment and discrimination
- Overseeing compliance with and implementation of the district affirmative action and equity plans, and Title IX
- Reviewing the hiring process
- Overseeing/conducting training
- Receiving and processing affirmative action complaints.
For more information, click on the links below:
113 KBMullica Township Board of Education Policy 1140: Affirmative Action Program101 KBMullica Township Board of Education Policy 2260: Affirmative Action Program for School and Classroom Practices172 KBMullica Township Board of Education Policy r2260: Complaint Procedures
All matters of alleged discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation or sexual, social or economic status or disability should be reported to Maris Lynn, firstname.lastname@example.org
Affirmative Action Officer
Middle School Principal
Mullica Township School District
500 Elwood Road
Elwood, New Jersey 08217